Old BonalboSold February 23, 2017
- Property ID: 61468180
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 1
- Property type: RURAL
- Land size: 20.23ha (50 acres) (approx)
- Building size:
- Garage: 4
- Listing type: SOLD
County Charm Log Cabin on 50 Acres of Productive Farmland
Beautiful Property with both Charm and Character. Log Cabin Home on 50 Acres of pristine farmland. Rural Scenic surroundings on the property with everything you could need for livestock. A Must to Inspect.
This amazing property has been in the same family for nearly 30 years, and its now time to find a new owner.
Positioned in a private valley, this 50 acre is located in the Northern Rivers area.
- 4 bedrooms (or 3 beds + office) and 2 verandas
- kitchen has a wood burning stove, large walk-in
pantry and timber slab bench
- The bathroom has a large shower and separate
septic toilet. (plus second outhouse)
- Covered outdoor entertainment area has a cob oven.
- small hut with power and water that is
currently used for storage.
- Large 3 bay machinery shed with an attached smaller shed used to store
- Additional farm building which started life as a dairy but is now used
for animal work, feed store and butchering
- small fuel shed, 3 garden sheds, shade-house, poly tunnel
greenhouse and chook coup
- fenced into 7 paddocks
- Steel stock yards with a loading ramp
- Permaculture designed food garden with hundreds
of edible or useful plants and mature fruit trees, far too many to list
- Original conceptual Permaculture design is available if wanted.
- House and garden are fenced with rabbit netting and the extra
protection of an electric outrigger
- Owners have run a variety of livestock over the years including cattle, sheep, goats, pigs and poultry.
- The property is essentially 3 flattish plateaus on a valley side.
Elevation is 200 meters at the river flat, 220m at the house flat and 280m
on the top flat
- 22,000 L poly rainwater tank attached to the house and plumbed to garden and kitchen
- Permanent spring is also plumbed to the house
- Separate 22,000 L concrete tank from spring catchment overflows into a dam
- 2 Dams
- Long Frontage to permanent Duck Creek
- sandy-loam, with red podsolic mostly on slopes and brown alluvial soils on the river
- Mains power to house, shed, ex-dairy
- Solar feed back to the grid s
- 3-phase power to dairy.
- Solar Hot water with fuel stove as booster and backup
Satellite National Broadband Network and free to air satellite digital TV
FLOODING: The river flat floods at times but the remainder and the house is flood-free
2.5 Hours to Brisbane, Gold Coast and Byron Bay.
Close to local Schools, Post Office, Newsagent, Mechanical, Hospital, Doctors Surgery, Ambulance, Police, Foodworks, Hardware etc
Dear Vanessa, Roger and I are just wanting to thank you for the way in which you conducted the sale of our home in Woodenbong recently. Your friendly business like approach is very commendable, and we are so glad we used your office. The quick sale after we put it in your hands was an added bonus. We certainly would recommend your services to anyone who has the need. Thank you once again, Sincerely,
- Meryl and Roger Tollington
JUNE 2107 ‘I have bought and sold properties through Vanessa at Mt Lindsay Real Estate. Vanessa is great to deal with, she is always helpful, very approachable, knows the property market in the region inside out and gives good advice. Whether a buyer or a seller I would recommend using Vanessa and the team at Mt Lindsay Real Estate.’
- Richard Wood
JULY 2017 - I have had Mt Lindsay Realty look after my rental property for several years and couldn’t be happier. Kevin Wernowski’s professionalism in managing the property gave me peace of mind that property was in good hands considering I was a 2 hour drive away. I has since SOLD the property with the help of Vanessa Wernowski. Vanessa worked tirelessly to get me the best price in a somewhat depressed market. I am thrilled with the result and would recommend Vanessa , Kevin and her team if you have the need for their services. Nothing was too much trouble and she was a delight to deal with. Thanks again Vanessa and Kevin.